How much is the Jasper's franchise fee?
The Jasper’s franchise fee is a one off payment of £29,997 + VAT. This grants you the right to trade as a franchisee under the identity of Jasper’s Corporate Catering Ltd for the duration of the franchise agreement.
During this time you have access to our ongoing knowledge, support and the supply of all your training, sales and marketing material and more. The one-off franchise fee covers:
- Full opening stock
- Your franchise agreement specifying your exclusive franchise territory
- Assistance in finding your premises and negotiating the best deal with landlords (this has been known to save up to £30,000 over 5 years)
- The design plans of your professional kitchen
- Deposits for and signage of one chilled delivery vehicle
- Detailed training course on all areas of the business before you begin trading, plus business manuals on Sales, Operations, Production and Human Resources
- A pre-launch development programme and marketing campaign
- Jasper's unique customer identification process isolating £1,000,000 worth of business for you to target in year one
- A license for the award-winning Jasper’s Business Management System which will enable you to smoothly manage the administration of your business
Do I have to pay a deposit?
When it’s been agreed that we both want to proceed, you will need to pay us a deposit of 10% of the franchise fee. This will secure your territory and allow us to start proceedings. You will need to pay the remainder of the franchise fee on receipt of your signed franchise agreement.
Any expenses incurred by the franchisor during this period will be deducted from the fee should either party choose not to go ahead.
What other investment is required?
Alongside the franchise fee, you will also need £62,417 (plus VAT) for the complete fit-out of your production unit including ovens, walk-in fridges, freezers and all other equipment. This will also cover all the software and hardware needed to run your new food business, including; web based CCTV, VOIP telephone system, a projector (essential for use in your production room) computers and printers.
In addition, every business needs an adequate amount of working capital to get if off the ground. We recommend you have at least £25,000 of working capital (you might need more depending on your own needs) for items such as stock and supplies, utilities, wages, fuel and customer debtor days.
In addition to the one-off costs, as with all franchises, we require an ongoing Management Service Fee (MSF). With Jasper's though you don't pay any MSF for the first six months. After six months, the MSF is 10% of your turnover of up to £5,000 a week which is payable to us on a monthly basis. This percentage will reduce on turnover above £5,000 a week and futher more afer you reach £10,000k a week, as we believe you should be rewarded not penalised for growing your business. The Management Service Fee covers the costs of our monthly support activities, including:
- Ongoing development and updating of Jasper’s systems
- Continuous research into new products and suppliers
- Regular reviews of your business's performance to help your continual growth
- On-site support from our team
- Support in converting leads into clients eg tendering for contracts
- Development of your local sales and marketing strategies
- Lead generation through head office sales and marketing activity
- Continuous development of the Jasper's brand, website and marketing material
- We have spent years working on our business model and systems. Without the monthly management fee we would not be able to keep our support structure in place for the benefit of all our franchisees.
- You will need to invest your time too. If you can't dedicate yourself exclusively to your franchise you will struggle. Starting and growing a business takes focus, effort, energy, commitment and time above and beyond anything you will ever have experienced.
Can I get assistance with financing my investment?
Yes, don’t worry if you haven’t got all the money upfront, generally you will need liquid capital for the franchise fee but the rest can be financed or borrowed through credible lenders who support franchising and Jasper's.
Whatever your circumstances, speak directly to us first. We have been granted preferential lending rates with Lloyds TSB, HSBC, and NATWEST and will make sure you speak to the right people to attain the investment you need. Franchising is in a specialist department at the bank so we would advise you not to go to your local branch as they simply won’t have the expertise.