Happy New Year?
7 January, 2015
Will it be? and why only at the start of the year? Why can’t this year be the year where you think ‘Happy New Day!’? Well of course it can be, however there are some terms and conditions (please sign when ready to commit). In my humble but confident opinion the below are the things you will need to subscribe to with passion on a daily basis in order to make 2015 your ultimate year!
1) Never, never, never give up – you must believe you are NEVER out of the fight
2) Practice, a lot! – if you want to be great at something there are NO shortcuts
3) Back yourself – you have to believe in yourself, not superficially but sincerely, this isn’t arrogance it’s about finding your purpose. Don’t rely on others to do this for you!
4) Don’t rely on other people to support your existence, they might not be there one day
5) Take full responsibility for your own circumstances and accept that only you can change them (yep not the government, you partner or you boss – only you!)
6) Don’t take yourself too seriously and don’t take too many other people too seriously – laugh more!
7) Tell those you love that you love them and demonstrate it (we all take those we love for granted)
8) Spend more quality time with the people you love – it’s not just BEING there that matters, it’s what you do when you are there that counts
9) Spend less time in the virtual world and more in the real!
10) Don’t listen to energy vampires. Delete them from your phone, your email and your life!
11) Be very specific and request others to be very specific
12) Understand the consequences of your actions, or indeed your inaction
13) Keep your promises and expect other to keep theirs, hold them and yourself to account
14) Drop the fear. Fear made humans successful in prehistoric times but can be debilitating in the modern commercial world
15) Think about your impending death. It may come at any point so embrace what you have whilst you have it and make the most of it.
But hey, what do I know and why should you care, because come 26th January if you are like most of the human species you will be back in the groove of your habits whether they are good for you or not!